Thursday, September 2, 2010

Apology

Sorry for the break from the blog. I am caught in some deep crap trying to file my multiple tax returns, some on time and some overdue. Change of domicile and the resultant dual tax avoidance issues, some honorarium payments that I now regret accepting, multi-country sources of income, plus not filing my returns by June 15 to IRS means its all heavy-duty work poring over complicated documents with legalese in heavy script. No CA/CPA I know of wants to take my dirty paperwork unless I pay a humongous per-hour rate. So it is back to me.

Regular services will return as soon as I am done (hopefully by the end of this week) after posting the heavy-duty filings that is going to cost me a huge amount in postage alone. And I promise to give the IRS folks a big headache assuming I have to pay the non-filing penalty.

PS: This is like the review week where I keep pushing the papers that are due a review because they suck big time to take a look at. Replace the papers with the tax returns, and the AE with the IRS-log, and you have the sorry picture on a stable head.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 5, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Pax-Indica said...

Sorry folks. I am an engineer and I used to take great pride in my ability to parse English, the legal as well as the routine version. As of now, with 9 days counting, I am still reading and re-reading documents and I am not any wiser on what tax treaty to use, how to avoid dual taxation, etc. Admittedly, I am in a microscopic minority with citizenship in India and tax "residency"/income in/from three countries that are not India. I am sorry, but I am hopeless. Till my stress level goes down, you are going to have this hiatus. Sorry again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home